The end of the penultimate week and the final full week as we have a training day on Friday 31st March 2023.
Firstly, thank you from myself and the PTA all those that have given generously today for the PTA Easter Bingo. As always, your support is greatly appreciated.
The Bingo will take place in the hall and I believe that eyes down is at 6:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there.
Gwersyllt CP wins an award
You may be aware through the local paper and websites that Gwersyllt CP was nominated for an award across Flintshire and Wrexham schools this week. I am delighted and proud to say that we won school of the year across the 2 counties on Wednesday. We have an award coming to us soon and we hope to celebrate it in assembly when it is delivered. My understanding is that it does involve parental feedback, a huge thank you to everyone who put our name forward for this.
And a huge thank you from me to the staff and pupils, who, as usual, are fantastic.
This is becoming a huge facet of school safeguarding as use of devices rises year on year.
For your information in the past couple of weeks the school have:
- Identified an online safety lead
- Created a new policy which is to go to Governors on Wednesday
- A process to go through for inappropriate use has been created to be referred to by all staff
- Learner, staff and visitor agreements have been drawn up. These will be created on forms to sign in the Summer term
- The school have signed up to Project Evolve – This surveys pupils and identifies knowledge weakness then putting forward lessons for the class- To commence in September alongside resigned agreements
- Booked online safety training on 26th May for all staff
- Created a log sheet for incidents
Our filter system, Smoothwall, also reports any inappropriate searches to the safeguarding leads. This is a new feature which we hope to use increasingly as we move forwards.
Have a lovely weekend,