First and foremost, we hope you all had a safe and pleasant summer. We are looking forward to welcoming your children back to Gwersyllt CP. In order to do so safely there will be elements of school life and routines that will, understandably, be slightly different. Hopefully this message will answer some of the questions you may have prior to your child restarting school.
We are constantly reviewing the practice and will be doing so overt he course of the next couple of weeks before the full restart on the 14th Septmber. If there are any changes we will let you know as and when.
Days and Times
Hopefully, you will have received a text from the school in July to make you aware of the days that your child will be phasing back into school from September. This phasing process will allow us to trial our new systems and allows adults and pupils to go though the process of the new school day with limited numbers on site.
Please see the link below for a reminder of the starting and finishing times for each class. We politely ask that you stick to the rigidly please.
Message to all Parents and Guardians
Breakfast club/After school club
We are happy to say that we plan to restart breakfast club and playmates from the 3rd of September. The clubs will be for those pupils that are attending school on that day with last entry for breakfast club being 8.20am. Due to site safety we cannot except pupils for breakfast club after this time.
The cost will be £2 before 8am and £1 after this time until 8.20am.
As we have to prepare the hall for pupils to sit in their class bubbles we are currently requesting that you inform the school which days you wish to use breakfast club.
Please contact Playmates as per usual to book your child in after school.
We understand that it is difficult to ensure daily clean clothes. We are requesting that pupils wear a relaxed school uniform with T-shirt and jumper. On the days that the class have PE pupils should come with their PE kit already on.
Please remember we will be keeping doors and windows open in class where possible- pupils should dress with this in mind to stay warm. All pupils should bring coats as we will be encouraging outside work and play regularly.
As things stand, the school will be running a limited lunch menu which will be delivered to the classroom. Pupils can bring their own lunch or order from the menu.
Link to menu Reduced 2 week MENU 2020.docx for September
We kindly ask that pupils bring nothing other than packed lunch into school. They will be provided with their own set of resources e.g. Pens, rulers etc in school.
It is expected that, from the 14th September, all pupils will return to full time education.
Please see the school poster for more information. Attendance autumn term
Currently, it is not required for the pupils in Primary schools in Wales to wear Face masks. Again, if this changes we will let you know.
We have put all reasonable measures in place to ensure the school is Covid secure. However, we cannot say how the situation will changes in the future national, locally or at an individual class/school level. Over the next week your child’s teacher will start going through tools, resources and work that can be completed at home to get the children ready should there be need to return to home learning. We strongly advise all pupils to engage in this.
We understand how quickly the situation has changed on this front. If you have been abroad and are required to self isolate please contact the school to let us know.
If your child is displaying any of the symptoms- high temperature, continuous cough or an alteration in taste or smell you are requested to stay at home and not attend school.
Pupils displaying symptoms in school will be temperature tested and isolated if required. A phone call will be made for the pupils to be picked up.
If their is a positive case, those affected should follow current guidance.
A risk assessment has been drawn up by the school and is being finalised alongside county. Please see the previous Risk assessment for the ‘check up’ sessions in July for an indication of what the school are doing- This document can be found in the forms, policies and letters section of the website.
What can you do to help?
As you can imagine, things have been timed very precisely to ensure that there is limited chance of anyone breaking social distancing protocol.
It appears that children are less likely to catch or transmit Covid 19. However, with many adults coming on the site at the start and the end of the day to pick up pupils there is a chance that these times will be the most concerning. We ask that you help us out by doing the following:
- Pick up and drop off only at the times indicated in the link at the beginning of the message. Being early or late will cause difficulty for the class teachers and the site will be locked after the last drop off.
- Please use the marked standing points that have been sprayed on to the yards outside each drop off and pick up point.
- Please socially distance at all times. We have all got use to the ‘2m dance’ when we go out, please continue this on the school site. This will be especially be the case at the entrance and exit points to the site.
- Please only come into school after making a prior appointment. unfortunately, teachers will not be readily available at the door for an informal talk or catch up currently.
- Please spend as little time on site as possible. For drop off we have provided 10 minute windows to minimise the need for people to wait around. When picking up, if you are early we ask that you only come on site at the arranged time.
- Contacting the school in advance if you require breakfast club in the mornings.
- Keep checking the school website for any updates- Guidance can change quickly.
- Encourage your child to do any home learning that is asked of them.
- Most importantly, look after yourselves, your family and your children. We will do all we can to make school feel as normal as possible for your child. We sincerely hope they come out of here with a smile on their faces.
Mr J Moore and the Gwersyllt CP staff